These rules may and will change as get closer to the convention date.
Boarder City Game Con (BCGC) is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention without a refund at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion; deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff immediately. Convention staff can be identified by BCGC staff shirts.
Convention staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention. We value your attendance.
For serious emergencies please call 911 immediately.
Convention Rules and Notices
Please abide by these rules while attending the convention.
The rules listed below are subject to change. Please check back for any updates or amendments to these rules.
- All attendees will wear their badge at all times. Judges will be responsible for making sure players have their badges before starting a game. If an individual does not have a badge they will be given the opportunity to purchase one, or be removed from the convention. If a badge is lost, a new one may be obtained with proper ID.
- The BCGC Staff and Adventures in Learning are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- BCGC and Adventures in Learning are not responsible for any personal injury.
- Anyone caught stealing from the convention, Adventures in Learning, Adventures in Learning staff or other attendees will be removed from BCGC and turned over to the authorities.
- You will treat BCGC staff, Adventures in Learning staff and other attendees with respect. Failure to do this will result in a warning. A second infraction will result in removal from BCGC.
- Do not damage convention or Adventures in Learning property.
- Smoking is not allowed on property.
- Drinking alcohol inside the convention is not allowed. Additionally, obnoxiously intoxicated individuals will be escorted out of the convention and told not to come back until they’ve sobered up.
- Use of illegal substances is not allowed. Anyone caught with an illegal substance will be handed over to the authorities.
- No play fighting, horseplay or roughhousing. Attendees in violation of this rule may be removed from the convention.
- Objects intended as or resembling a weapon are not allowed. Anyone with such an object will be told to remove it from the convention. If you would like to play a game that has parts resembling a weapon, please inform the staff.
- Minors at BCGC are the sole responsibility of their guardians. BCGC is not responsible for the entertainment, behavior or whereabouts of persons under the age of 18. Minors disregarding any of the rules of Adventures in Learning or BCGC will be reprimanded to their guardians. Guardians not taking responsibility for the actions of a minor will be removed from the convention.
- Only those authorized by BCGC, may sell any kind of merchandise.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Anyone who violates this will be ejected from the convention without a refund.
- BCGC Staff reserves the right to eject anyone from the convention without a reason and without a refund.
- These rules and policies are subject to change before, during and after the convention, without notification.
- The rules of Adventures in Learning are the rules of BCGC, and will be similarly enforced.
- Claiming to be ignorant of a rule is not an excuse.
The purchase of a Boarder City Game Convention (BCGC) badge admits one person to all basic activities and exhibits at BCGC during regularly scheduled hours for the day(s) it is purchased. Some designated activities may require payment of a separate, additional fee. In accepting this badge and in consideration for being admitted to BCGC, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio and/or visual means) for exhibition and use by any means in all media, including without limitation the Internet, worldwide in perpetuity.Badges must be worn at all times by participants. If a badge is lost, it may be repurchased at a fee. Attendees to the convention who do not wear badges and will not replace them are subject to being expelled from the convention.
The badge holder releases BCGC from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or course of action of any kind; authorizes and permits BCGC and its designees which includes but is not limited to all sponsors, exhibitors and contractors to use and authorize the use of his/her name, voice, likeness and all reproductions thereof by any means and in all media now and hereafter known, including without limitation the Internet, for all purposes worldwide in perpetuity; and agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations of the Event.
BCGC management reserves the right to deny entry or remove from the Event facilities any person who in BCGC management’s sole and absolute discretion, is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which BCGC management reasonably considers to be disruptive of the Event.
NO unaccompanied minors under 16 years of age will be allowed into the convention.